Saturday, April 15, 2017

Missha Aqua Gel Tint

This Missha Aqua Gel Tint in Scarlet Orange was a cart filler when I went back for more of the Moisture Coating Tint in Hollywood Pink and Dream Orchid. It has been a while since my last lip stain anyway (Etude House Dear Darling Tint AD), so I thought I'd give it a try.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.

The packaging is a slim tapered tube and great for travel. See how the fuzzy doe-foot applicator touches the very bottom of the tube? I'm glad someone's considerate of their customers and designed the packaging so that the users can get the to very last bit of stuff. I appreciate that.

What I don't appreciate is how tricky and time-consuming it is to use this product. It's a thick gel with a fruity scent and an unfortunate syrupy taste. It applies just as thick and sticky as syrup, and pressing my lips to spread leaves me with a comical orange ring along my lip line, which then forces me to lick and blot it off with a tissue. It does leave a faint coral tint that's natural and flattering once topped with clear balm. Then again, any tinted lip balm could achieve the same effect in couple of swipes minus the taste and the stickiness.

- Scarlet Orange: applies a reddish orange and leaves a coral stain that didn't survive my warm running-water test (right photo), and I didn't even rub it! Stick with TonyMoly Delight Tony Tint, unless you like licking syrup off of your lips. Yuck.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts