Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter

My sister gave me this giant 185g/6.5oz. tub of Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter over the holidays, but I didn't get to it until a few weeks ago after exhausting my supply of YuSkin A.

To be honest, I was quite iffy about this Belly Butter, not because it's "belly butter" but because it's Burt's Bees. The last time I used BB was almost a decade ago. I tried several of their products (reviewed four!) but didn't like any of them. All I remember is that they were all very heavy and greasy, and they just stayed on top of my skin and never really absorbed at all.

Imagine my great surprise when I opened up this tub of Belly Butter, expecting thick and firm cold-butter consistency but got room-temperature, spreadable, softened butter instead! This stuff is unscented, and it doesn't really smell like anything. It goes on super light at first, then slowly turns into an oil and needs to be massaged in for a few minutes, just like YuSkin A. I guess in about ten years BB has really improved its formulas, because this Belly Butter does a much better job absorbing. By the next morning, my skin is super soft and smooth, without any trace of oil or grease.

My plan was to try the butter by itself for a few days to see how my skin likes it, then if I get any itching I'd layer Kuramoto Bijin Komeyu Beauty Oil underneath it as I'd been doing. And it was about 3+ weeks when I got a little bit of itching again, so back to layering I went with 5 drops of Komeyu Beauty Oil then topped with this Belly Butter.
Overall, I do recommend this Belly Butter for all the places prone to stretch marks (belly, butts, thighs, etc.), and start early too because, well, preventative care! I applied YuSkin A religiously every night after showering starting at 8 weeks and my skin is doing fine. In fact, even after giving birth, I'm still using this on my now-tubby belly. If you live in an extra dry climate or have super dry skin, consider layering some sort of oil underneath just to be extra careful.

Mama Bee Belly Butter:
Water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cetyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, sucrose stearate, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, glycine soja (soybean) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) butter, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, tocopherol, xanthan gum, lactic acid, magnesium aluminum silicate, glyceryl laurate, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sucrose polystearate, phenoxyethanol.

No comments:

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts