Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Lunasol Shine Fall Eyes

Since August, I've been sitting on this gorgeous Lunasol Shine Fall Eyes palette EX01 Artistic Tone, fall 2017's Shinjuku Isetan exclusive. There was also a Full Glamour Lips EX09 which I skipped. I didn't like that Lunasol had changed the texture and pigmentation level for these lipsticks, making them creamy and semi-opaque, at least that's how I remember them. The last release I'd played with in person was the fall 2016 collection.

All pictures taken in natural light without flash.



I have to say, this has got to be one of the loveliest Lunasol palettes in years! The whole thing is just so damn pretty! The packaging is pretty with a ribbon of shimmery gold animal print. The eye shadows are pretty in their pans, two with speckles of pink and champagne not sprayed on but pressed in, giving those two colors new depth. The colors themselves are pretty too, complex and different from the usual tiring gradations the brand keeps churning out year after year.

But the palette isn't just pretty. The eye shadows have buttery smooth texture with zero fall outs. The finish is shimmery across the board, but given all beautiful all the colors are I actually don't mind the lack of metallics. The pigmentation is great as you can see from the swatches. It's just a real shame I can't say the same for the rest of this range. From what I've seen online, the permanent quads have sprayed-ons and the pans have barely any color, very much the same case as the Feathery Smokey Eyes permanent versus the Shinjuku Isetan exclusive palettes. 

- EX01 Artistic Tone: I'm not sure I can describe this palette in a way that would do it justice. The palette is warm save for the bottom right pan. The top left is a split pan divided diagonally, and the two colors actually do differ. I still haven't had the chance to use these colors yet but boy do I look forward to that day!

Clockwise from top left:
- Lid: shimmer, medium intensity. A split pan of warm taupe, the left half is pink-tinted thanks to the mixed in speckles of pink and champagne shimmers.
- Base/highlighter: shimmer, low intensity. Champagne-beige.
- Deep/liner: shimmer, high intensity. So...I think this color is actually a dark charcoal, and I said I think because this chameleon keeps playing tricks on my tired mama-eyes. Sometimes it appears a blackened purple, other times an inky blue, the effects of the pink, champagne, and turquoise shimmers in it. Gorgeous color I don't often see.
- Medium/crease: shimmer, high intensity. Warm and reddish rusty brown that can appear terracotta or burgundy in certain lighting.

2 comments:

kuri said...

pretty! but that rusty brown won't work for me so Ill stay away, heh

D. said...

Hi Claire,

You know, I thought this palette would be too warm for me too but I'm still drawn to it for inexplicable reasons...

^.^
D.

Related posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts